Values and Ethos
Stanley School, celebrating uniqueness and promoting independence.
Together, we learn, care and achieve in our diverse and vibrant school community.
We create a safe, stable, welcoming and stimulating environment where our children are happy and have a positive attitude.
Our Core Values
Caring – Our pupils and school community have a right to feel safe so that they thrive and develop; we respect and celebrate the individuality and uniqueness of our pupils and their families; we nurture, protect and support them on their journey with us as they prepare for the next stage in their lives.
We promote a positive and caring environment in which all staff and children feel valued and their successes and achievements are recognised and appreciated.
We build strong and meaningful relationships based on mutual respect and values.
Learning – We support and promote lifelong learning for all. We evolve our approach to the education and support of pupils, their families and staff through exciting, creative, personalised and innovative practice that is accessible to all. We consider each individual’s unique starting point when creating their personal curriculum offer.
We have a passionate and dedicated staff team who are committed to working with all of our wonderful children.
Inclusive – We collaborate, enhance opportunities, engage, empower, share, and work in partnership with Pupils, Families, Governors and other key professionals. With our adjoining school (Pensby Primary), local organisations and businesses we create opportunities for our children and to enhance and expand their learning beyond the classroom.
We recognise and celebrate the varied cultural and religious backgrounds of our school community.
We provide a friendly, warm, welcoming school where families, school staff and other professionals work together for the benefit of the children.
Ambitious – we transform, innovate, inspire, and challenge our pupils to achieve and even exceed their potential. We strive to provide our pupils and their families with the highest standard of teaching and learning, championing aspiration and ambition.
- We will enable our children to thrive in an aspiring learning environment promoting achievement and preparing them for a fulfilling life by ensuring progress in their education and life skills. We will maximise independence through a varied curriculum including outdoor learning opportunities and contributing to our local community.
- We will ensure that ongoing dialogue with our parents stretches beyond consideration of their views, aims and ambitions to also include “WOW” moments and opportunities to make life long memories.
- Stanley School will develop and extend our provision to meet the complex needs of our children and will be at the forefront of SEND education through the sharing of good practice beyond our own school.
- We will continue to build our evolving and dynamic staff team to enable us to provide therapeutic interventions to those pupils who will benefit from it. Our staff will be motivated, well informed, highly trained and flexible to enable us to provide a broad, relevant and personalized curriculum for our individual children.
- We will continue to work collaboratively with other SEND schools and providers, Local Authority, parents and professionals to ensure appropriate provision is available for all.
- We will further develop our unique partnership with our co-located Mainstream Primary School, to provide integration and inclusion opportunities for pupils in both schools.
- We will ensure the school and its extensive facilities are effectively used throughout the year.
- Our collaborative goal with our neighbouring school is to open an Early Years centre of excellence which is fully integrated and inclusive, and serves the needs of the local community.