Remote or Home learning will never be as effective as face to face lessons. However, during the current pandemic it is important to safeguard staff and pupils in line with the guidance from the Department for Education and Public Health England.
Stanley School aims to offer as good an educational experience through home learning as in school learning.
Teachers and parents will know the individual sensory needs best for pupils and so it is up to class teachers in partnership with parents to offer an individualised approach to home school learning.
Stanley school works closely with other SEND settings and the local authority to ensure we can work collaboratively with partners and parents to offer an enriching learning experience for children.
Teachers will make contact with parents and pupils regularly to support them through these difficult times.
Stanley school will ensure that
- There is a planned and well-sequenced curriculum being clear about what is taught and practised in each subject
- There is access to high-quality online and offline resources and teaching videos, linked to the school’s curriculum expectations
- The school will select the online tools that will be consistently used across the school in order to allow interaction, assessment and feedback and make sure staff are trained in their use
- The school will provide printed resources for pupils who do not have suitable online access
- The school will have planned for younger pupils and some pupils with SEND who may not be able to access remote education without adult support
- The school will overcome barriers to digital access by distributing school-owned laptops
- some children who have difficulty engaging in remote learning may be considered to be vulnerable children and therefore eligible to attend in person
- The school will publish information for pupils, parents and carers about their remote education provision
Should you wish to contact the school about your child’s home learning please contact your class teacher in the first instance.
If you would like to know more about home learning within Stanley School please use the contact form on this page and mark your message FAO: Michael Farrelly.
For more information please see our Home Learning Policy Here
Our free communication app allows us to provide parents with instant access to our important messages and up to date school information. Please contact the school office if you have not received your personal invite.